Apple iPhone 6 is the Most Popular VoLTE Phone in Europe
Apple iPhone 6, the iconic smartphone released in 2014 is the most popular VoLTE phone in Europe. Five percentage of the VoLTE phone users were using iPhone 6 found Sicap’s VoLTE phone study, which examined 40 million VoLTE phones in use in 26 networks in Europe.
BAAR, Switzerland, 22nd January 2019: Sicap Schweiz AG, the global mobile device management vendor owned by Volaris Group released today its Voice over LTE (VoLTE) phone study, which discovered Apple’s iPhone 6 as the most popular VoLTE capable phone in use in Europe, with almost five percentage (4.8%) of the users of VoLTE capable phones considered in the study used Apple’s iPhone 6 device.
Sicap’s VoLTE phone study conducted in January in 2019 examined 26 mobile networks in Central, Eastern and Southern Europe. A total of 40 million VoLTE capable phones were active in the reference networks, and were considered in the study.
Based on GSMA’s data, there are 702 operators running a LTE network today, but only 165 of them have launched the Voice over LTE service. According to Olivier Engel, EVP Research and Development of Sicap, mobile operators have suffered from the lack of automated and standardized VoLTE device configuration functionalities, which has slowed down the adoption of the service for several years. “Thanks to the VoLTE Device Entitlement standards and technologies, those problems are a thing of the past. And, as our study reveals, VoLTE capable phones have become mainstream. All mobile operators can now safely release the hand break on their VoLTE rollouts!”, Engel concludes.
Key findings in Sicap’s VoLTE phone study
- Apple iPhone 6 was discovered as the most popular VoLTE device model with a share of 4.8% (1.9 million phones) of all the 40 million phones in the reference group that was considered in the study.
- Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime Dual SIM device model was the second most popular with 1.5 million users (3.8%).
- Apple iPhone 6S was the third most popular VoLTE phone model with 1.2 million users (3.1%).
- Just one percentage, or the 25 most popular VoLTE phone models out of all the 2,300 registered models in the market covered 40% of all the VoLTE capable phones in the reference group.
- Overall, Samsung was found the dominant VoLTE phone brand. Its 240 different VoLTE capable device models found in the reference group were used by 39% of the users.
- The five most popular VoLTE phone brands were: Samsung (39%), Apple (19%), Huawei (10%), Xiaomi (9.5%) and Lenovo (2.2%).
List of Top 25 VoLTE Phones
Go to Sicap’s website to find the list of 25 most popular VoLTE phones and other findings of the VoLTE phone study.
Learn about Sicap’s VoLTE Device Entitlement Server, which enables mobile operators to speed up Go-to-Market for VoLTE phones.
Book a VoLTE Device Entitlement Server demo at the Mobile World Congress 2019 in Barcelona on February 25-28th at Sicap’s booth 7K61 in Hall 7 in Fira Gran Via.
Sicap is a global telecommunication solution provider enabling Mobile Network Operators and Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNO) to deliver an all-encompassing customer experience. Its solution portfolio, which include Device and SIM Management, Customer Insight and Engagement, Device Knowledge and Mobile Security make the mobile world more profitable, manageable and secure. Sicap works with more than 80 mobile service providers in 76 countries. Its international team in nine locations ensures excellent customer service worldwide. All the solutions are available from the Cloud with a pay-as-you-grow pricing model to give its customers a quick deployment time, minimized upfront investment and low operational costs. Sicap is owned by Volaris Group Inc. and operates as an independent business in its Communications & Media portfolio. More about Sicap: http://www.sicap.com